[Ubuntu-BD] [OT] openSuSE 11.1 internet connection problem

Hafiz Imtiaz eee.imtiaz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 08:30:22 GMT 2008

It works. The final way of action was:

1. run "wvdialconf"
2. edit "/etc/wvdial.conf" to include phone number and "Init3" string
3. edit "/etc/resolv.conf" to include name server address
4. copy the resolv.conf file to "/etc/ppp/"
5. In terminal,type wvdial {dialer name} and hit Enter

I still wonder why a mainstream linux distro like openSuSE don't have
a easy way to configure mobile internet. Or there might be one, I may
have missed.

Thanks for the help.

--
Hafiz Imtiaz