[Ubuntu-BD] Help needed about display resolution

Tareq Siraj to_tareq at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 16 16:52:02 GMT 2008

Hi Imtiaz,
Is 800x600 hard coded in your xorg.conf? If so, can you try commenting out the line that has the resolutions? Generally X can automatically pick up the highest supported resolution. I'm not sure about linux mint though, since i've never used it.

Also, in my experience, compiling and installing the nvidia driver from nvidia.com gave me better results. It also gives you the nvidia x server settings tool which is quite handy.

Regards,
Tareq Ahmed Siraj