[Ubuntu-BD] Discussion and planning on RBL linux distro

Shahriar Tariq shahriar at linux.org.bd
Wed Dec 3 17:18:59 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:48 PM, dark lord <darklord2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> ok i just wanna know somethig why should we go for debian not ubuntu? can u
> point out what advantage we get if we go with debian not ubuntu?

Look I am no expert in this field, so it is better for the expert to explain
all the benefits we might have.

For one, Ubuntu is a prepackaged system, with its own software
packages/features... customizing to our hearts is possible but will require
lots of time and effort. and few things will be there that we won't be able
to change (unless we get our hand real dirty)

On the other hand Debian is clean slate to work with, customizing our hearts
pleasure. There are thousands of developers developing millions of
applications for Debian (though Ubuntu uses Debian-apt package management
system it will have to be aligned in our custom system.), In one word
developers paradise

Look at it this way. You have two drawing book,

one with pre-sketched one just gives you opportunity to color it, that's
Ubuntu.  the second book is clean white page to give you liberty to draw
whatever you like to draw and color as colorful you like that's Debian

Flexibility is the key here...

(I want to try with various packages available out there to find the best
possible configurations...giving light, super fast, user friendly
experience)

--
Thanking you
Shahriar