[Ubuntu-BD] Discussion and planning on RBL linux distro

Shahriar Tariq shahriar at linux.org.bd
Wed Dec 3 10:55:18 GMT 2008

I think there is a misunderstanding..

*Royal Bengal Linux WON'T Include CODECS or RESTRICTED EXTRAS in DEFAULT
Installation.*
No matter what the public demand is. No matter who uses/includes them in
their distro/project.

Yes we are aware of the legal issues and licensing problems, and we DO NOT
support piracy at any level, in Linux world we can also have piracy (in
terms of Cedega, Red Hat Pirated copy)

However we will provide additional measures like including few basic
non-free (in terms of Openness) codecs in the dvd to be installed as addon
after installing the main RBL without restricted/non-free codecs.

I want to keep the project as clean as possible.. I think following Ubuntu
or Ankur project is good for idea generation but that can not be the final
decision point. We should have our own identity. That's why I want to go
ahead with *Debian not Ubuntu*. (Not sure whether how tough it is
technically)

I think Russell John is no longer interested in the project. I asked him too
many times to respond and send an email, he just ignores...

Does anyone else have any interest in the project and the expertise to push
through??

--
Thanking you
Shahriar