[Ubuntu-BD] Media Player Troubleshooting

Jamil Ahsan jamilaiub at yahoo.co.in
Mon Dec 1 13:51:49 GMT 2008

I can't use any media player which has come to me with Ubuntu CD. It says I don't have any codec for playing media file, the codec I have in the CD, that needs internet connection which I don't have right now. I want to use Ubuntu as a multimedia operating system, will it be possible? How?

I want to start using open source software but the problem  we(the people don't have active internet connection) face, turns us to use pirated software (e.g. Windows) again.
Professionals say that using Ubuntu is simpler than any other system (I also guess so) but how can I reveal all the feature of Ubuntu without learning programming.
Please send reply! I'm waiting.