[ Ubuntu-BD ] Hello everyone?

Ammar Karim ammar.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 17:10:38 BST 2008

Well I'm reading up on the email exchanges. I have downloaded Hardy desktop
CD (not alternate) but have not burnt it on a CD and installed it yet.

I've had a problem upgrading to feisty to gutsy using the alternate Gutsy cd
(it just doesn't work). So I will be backing up my /home/user files and then
doing a format and installing Hardy.

Can anyone suggest if I can do an install direct from the iso or extracted
iso files on a hard drive partition (I used to do this for Mandriva) without
having to burn a CD? Its ok if I have to make a boot floppy disk... but
please share if this is possible.

Thanks

Ammar