[ Ubuntu-BD ] Bugs on Gutsy

Tarin Mahmood mrlinux045 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 16:12:11 BST 2007

Thats rather strange, I'm already running 2.6.22.12 kernel (upgraded from
gusty tribe). no problems here up to now. At the morning I had a nasty
trouble with gdm. Figured that I got some bad sectors in my hdd :'(

Lets see what happens after the upgrade ... :-S

Hi hi, I'm a GNOME guy, and improvements in GNOME 2.20 looks quite good too.
But I'm definitely going to give KDE4 a try, it looks awesome

Thanks

On 9/30/07, Russell John <russell at linux.org.bd> wrote:

> Most are basic problems that you would expect from a beta version, but
> it takes time and effort to fix them.  However, the main reason I sent
> the earlier e-mail is because of a udev bug (or a kernerl bug) that
> displays the following message at bootup for infinite times:
>
> [ 43.157994] device-mapper: table: 254:1: linear: dm-linear: Device
> lookup failed
> [ 43.158221] device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table
>
> Booting the new 2.6.22 kernel triggers this problem, but booting
> 2.6.20 works fine.  Killing the udev daemon solves the problem.
> Uninstalling evms also solves the problem (I don't use it anyway).  It
> ate up around 25% of my CPU while running.
>
> But anyway, my new system looks good.  There are improvement on the
> new version of KDE and I liked them. :)
>
> - Russell
>

> On 30/09/2007, Tarin Mahmood <mrlinux045 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What Kind of problem are you facing? I'm updating my system, as of this
> > moment 4 or 5 hours left (too slow internet speed).
> > Thanks :)
> >

> > On 9/30/07, Russell John <russell at linux.org.bd> wrote:
> > >
> > > Found couple of bugs and problems on Gutsy Gibbon (Ubuntu 7.10),
> > > novice users shouldn't attempt to upgrade now.
> > >
> > > In case if you've upgraded and facing a problem, please post on
> > > http://forum.linux.org.bd for a solution.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Russell
> > >
> > > --