[ Ubuntu-BD ] Ubuntu - BBCWorld.com

animator at ranksitt.com animator at ranksitt.com
Tue May 15 06:57:08 BST 2007

I said b4 I'll try to upload that video .

and I successfully recorded that video and uploaded to my youtube

here is the link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk92zMa84aU

sit back and enjoy.

And If you wanna download this video as (flv) then try this link

http://www.kissyoutube.com/watch?v=fk92zMa84aU

how it's possible !! I wrote about that in my blog :

http://foisal.wordpress.com/2007/03/20/just-a-kiss-and-download-youtube-video/

----------------------------

Forum Link :
http://forum.linux.org.bd/viewtopic.php?t=464&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=39796fd30b4a5928e5ebc5e6772b1541

http://www.bbcworld.com/Pages/ProgrammeMultiFeature.aspx?id=18

Main:

http://www.bbcworld.com/Pages/ProgrammeFeature.aspx?id=18&FeatureID=201

Ubuntu
Microsoft are well-known for providing heavily subsidised versions of
their software for use in the developing world, but for a society where
any money is best spent on basics, software that�s completely free
is a
bonus.

Ubuntu is a version of the free open source operating system Linux.
Developed by Mark Shuttleworth, it comes with a range of software, like
office programs, email, a web browser and a media player. In fact Intel is
working with the Ubuntu community to develop a version of the OS for
mobile devices.

Shuttleworth told us why he'd decided to adopt Ubuntu:

"I fund Ubuntu because you can create businesses using Linux in South
Afica, which I didn�t think it was possible to create with proprietary
alternatives. [The] infrastructure [here is] not network-centric enough,
not reliable enough.

"I�m a geek. What if I could bring software to a much wider
audience? To
everyone. To do this we needed to make Linux easy to use, a pleasure to
use."

Linux has a reputation, though of not being that easy to use. Shuttleworth
disagrees.

"In many cases it�s because you�ve got people trying to do
complicated
things.

"Let�s not beat up on Linux. It is in fact very easy to use,
especially if
you�ve never used anything else. We�ve seen great results in
Brazil, for
example, where huge deployments of Linux have been done in schools and in
community centres. It�s people�s first experience in
technology and they
love it. They very quickly figure out how to do the things that
they�re
interested in doing."

In order to make Ubuntu more user friendly they have introduced "more
everyday processes, extending battery life for laptops, being smarter
about wireless networking. Give people a very smooth user-type experience.
We aim to be between Mac and Window$ � the best of both worlds, freely
available globally."

This is
BBC Click Tech Program

You can see striming video