[ Ubuntu-BD ] Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS

Ahmed Rafiq rafiq380 at yahoo.co.in
Sun Dec 9 10:42:37 GMT 2007

You may goto a cybercafe and download the software to
your pendrive. Thinks others is easy to you.

 Please follow the link of Russell vai to download
rppppoe.

If you have any problem regarding this matter then
post on http://forum.linux.org.bd

 Rafiq...

http://www.roaringpenguin.com/files/download/rp-pppoe-3.8.tar.gz

> > 2) Extract it by typing:  tar xzvf
> rp-pppoe-xxx.tar.gz
> > 3) Now change directory by typing:  cd
> rp-pppoe-3.8
> > 4) Now type:  sudo ./go
> >
> > This would compile and install the software for
> you.  Once the
> > installation is over, you'll be taken to the
> configuration mode, where
> > you need to put in the details that your ISP has
> provided.  Once it's
> > done, type "sudo pppoe-start" to connect and
> "pppoe-stop" to
> > disconnect from Internet.
> >
> > If this doesn't work out, then please open a
> thread on
> > http://forum.linux.org.bd and let us know where
> you're getting stuck.
> >
> > We don't have a scope to provide hands-on
> training, but we can help
> > you out by providing assistance via Forum and IRC
> (#Ubuntu-BD on
> > Freenode).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Russell
>  >
> > On 07/12/2007, abdullah rakeeb
> <rakeeb_abdullah at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Russell,
> > > Good wishes to you. A CD I have had received
> from canonical [why not a
> > > latest one from you :-)] containing Ubuntu
> 6.06.1 LTS and I have tried many
> > > times to create a Internet connection (Broadband
> through PPPoE: Ethernet)
> > > but failed ... I could not find any option/tool
> to do that.
> > >
> > > Any suggestion please!
> > >
> > > And, any training available for newbies like me?
> Where can I come to see
> > > you?
> > >
> > > Thank you and best regards,
>  > >
> > > Abdullah Rakeeb
> > >
> > > Russell John <russell at linux.org.bd> wrote:
> > >  I'll have to send it to you by courier service.
> Give me few days,
> > > you'll get it. :)
> > >
> > > - Russell

> collect it in ctg.