[ Ubuntu-BD ] Bangla email

Russell John russell at linux.org.bd
Sat Apr 14 06:12:14 BST 2007

Setting up your Ubuntu box to be able to type in Bangla is easy.
Follow these steps:

1) Go to System > Preferences > Keyboard
2) Select the Layouts tab
3) Select the Bangladesh > Probhat and then click on "Add"
4) Right click on the main menu of your desktop and select "Add to Panel"
5) Select "Keyboard Indicator" and drag it to your menu bar
6) Click it to switch between keyboard layouts (English and Bangla).

Refer to this page for the layout: http://www.ekushey.org/?page/probhat_layout

Hope this helps -- best of luck with your exam :)

- Russell