[ Ubuntu-BD ] Ubuntu 6.06 CD

Russell John russell at linux.org.bd
Mon Jun 12 14:55:17 BST 2006

Hi Shipar,

Thank you for writing. I'm very happy to receive your mail, and I'm
not a bit irritated. It's just that after a long day of work, I'm
tired and sleepy. But that's not a problem. I'll get myself a cup of
cold coffee.

Okay, before I fall asleep, let me answer your question. My suggestion
for you would be: please use Linux for some more time before thinking
about application development and localisation. Try to use all the
distributions that are available, try different desktop managers, play
with the shells, and so on. When you'll be confident enough to say
that you're no longer a "novice" user, think about development and
localisation.

There are lot of ways you can contribute to the ongoing Linux
movement. One way is to help us to promote the use of Linux and FLOSS.
Convince your friends and family to use Linux. Convince your neighbors
to use Linux. Convince your university to install Linux on some
workstations so that students can try it out. We're always here to
support you -- just let us know how we can assist. What our country
needs more today is a larger Linux users base. Localisation is of
coarse very important, but how will it help if everyone keeps using
Window$?

Anyway, keep writing!

Best regards,
Russell