Allowing developer uploads for source-change backports

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 22 13:58:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

We could slightly simplify backports processing for Ubuntu developer
requestors if we changed the workflow to allow optionally uploading into
the unapproved queue.

This is mostly interesting for source-change backports since it avoids
the mildly annoying procedure of creating and attaching the diff in
favour of putting something in the queue. It makes the procedure
relatively analogous to an SRU upload, which I would think most Ubuntu
devlopers are familiar with.

WDYT?

Cheers,

--