[Bug 1074455] Re: Please backport ledmon 0.74-1 (universe) from raring
1074455 at bugs.launchpad.net
Fri Nov 2 18:46:23 UTC 2012
Also tested with Precise-server with the same results as above on the
** Description changed:
Please backport ledmon 0.74-1 (universe) from raring to quantal and
Reason for the backport:
This is a tool to monitor software RAIDs and is what would be used to monitor PCIe-SSD software RAIDs in systems such as Dell's new line of PowerEdge 12G Servers.
Ubuntu 12.04 has ledmon 0.32, whereas the latest version is 0.74.
0.74 contains numerous bugfixes and it also includes SES-2 support for the encolusres on many new servers.
Changelog entries since current precise version 0.32-1:
ledmon (0.74-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release:
* restart of the ledmon's internal state when an unrecoverable error occurs
(e.g. lack of disk's location)
* logging level for not supported patterns changed from 'warning' to 'debug'
* more detailed information about device change (name changed, missing)
* added extra checks against device presence in sysfs (device may disappear
at anytime: during rescan, initialization, sending command)
* pattern "locate_off" fixed
* SES-2 support for enclosures
* New patterns (SES-2) in ledctl for drives in enclosures
* Improved LED blinking and slot locations for AHCI and SCSI DA
* ledctl and ledmon were converted to the raw bitstream (TX_GP) interface,
so they do not need additional SGPIO support in the kernel now
(by Dan Williams <dan.j.williams at intel.com>)
* the way ledctl works has been changed: so far turning on some LEDs
did not change the state of all other LEDs of all controllers,
now turning on some LEDs turns off all other LEDs of all controllers
* ledctl's manual was corrected and updated
-- Daniel Jared Dominguez <Jared_Dominguez at Dell.com> Thu, 23 Aug 2012
Mark off items in the checklist [X] as you test them, but please leave the checklist so that backporters can quickly evaluate the state of testing.
You can test-build the backport in your PPA with backportpackage:
$ backportpackage -u ppa:<lp username>/<ppa name> -s raring -d quantal ledmon
[X] Package builds without modification
[X] ledmon installs cleanly and runs
+ * precise:
+ [X] Package builds without modification
+ [X] ledmon installs cleanly and runs
No reverse dependencies
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Backporters, which is subscribed to Precise Backports.
Please backport ledmon 0.74-1 (universe) from raring
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
More information about the ubuntu-backports