Anyone still using prevu?

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Wed Feb 29 16:45:58 UTC 2012

I used to use this often as a user, before the time of ppa's.. I think
perhaps it's been made redudant since if your wanting to run/test
software not on your distro you can *usually* get it in a ppa built for
your version of ubuntu. This is certainly easier for most folks. For
anyone else who is looking to do a real backport, prevu isn't really the
tool for them. Very nice tool, I appreciated and used it before it was
in the archive even. My 2 cents,

Nicholas