[Bug 245808] [NEW] Please update nvidia drivers to newest
gnomefreak at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 14:25:22 BST 2008
Public bug reported:
can we please get nvidia drivers updated to latest release. I was
looking at changes for 173.14.09 and it is as follows
* Fixed aliased font rendering corruption on X.Org server 1.5.
* Fixed a display corruption problem driving two dual-link DFPs with Quadro FX 1700 GPUs.
* Fixed a regression that prevented the X driver from starting on some GeForce FX, 6 and 7 mobile GPUs.
* Fixed a locale-interaction issue in the nvidia-settings X server configuration file parser.
* Added preliminary support for Linux 2.6.26.
It seems like ive seen these bugs before in LP but i cant be for sure.
Im not sure if this fits backporting for hardy but since its LTS as long as nothing major needs to be backported it seems like a good idea. Im writing this because of a conversation i had with someone in #ubuntu about these drivers.
** Affects: hardy-backports
** Affects: envyng-core (Ubuntu)
** Affects: linux-restricted-modules (Ubuntu)
** Also affects: envyng-core (Ubuntu)
** Also affects: hardy-backports
Please update nvidia drivers to newest
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Backports Testing Team, which is subscribed to Hardy Backports.
More information about the ubuntu-backports