[request] kmess 1.5.1

John Dong john.dong at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 18:50:20 BST 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 06:18:17PM +0200, Warren Dumortier wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Kmess is a MSN Messenger client for Linux and Kde.
> The current version in Hardy is 1.5, but a bugfix has been released the 9th
> of april, Kmess 1.5.1
>
> This bugfix is not very important for security reasons but also has a lot of
> imporvements.
>
> As the release is quite old, i had been possible to update it for Hardy, but
> it remained in the old version, nobody saw it!
>

> Can the new version be backported to Hardy?

It's indeed unfortunate that we weren't able to catch this update for Hardy
before it froze up. I would be glad to backport it to Hardy, but due to current
backporting protocol, we need to wait for Intrepid to open first.

In the meantime, I'd recommend filing this as a bug against the hardy-backports
product on Launchpad, which is how backports are tracked these days.

Thanks,

John