Where to I find Gutenprint backports build?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Sat Sep 8 06:24:29 BST 2007

Christopher Barker wrote:
> John Dong wrote:
>> Actually, I remembered, I only purged the metadata for the builds; the
>> physical packages for now are still at:
>> http://sharkattack.media.mit.edu:8080/feisty-debs/gutenprint/
>> <http://sharkattack.media.mit.edu:8080/feisty-debs/gutenprint/>

> Great, thanks. I'll give them a try.

I've installed them, but when I try to set up a printer, there don't
seem to be any more listed. In particular, I'm looking for the Epson
stylus photo RX580, which is listed as being included in Gutenprint 5.0.1

> http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=gutenprint

(I've seen it listed in other sources too).

Do I have to do anything special to get the KDE print configuration tool
to see th new drivers? or are they just not there?

Thanks,
-Chris