backporting subversion to both edgy and dapper

John Dong jdong at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 18 16:38:10 GMT 2007

To edit the depends of the backport, you need to unpack (apt-get source
packagename) the source package, and edit the debian/control file. In that
file you'll find a Build-Depends line. Everything listed there will be
attempted for installation within the chroot. This is the way all proper
Debian developers do it.