R breezy backports: r-base-core, depending on libreadline5 >= 5.1

gagliol at tiscali.it gagliol at tiscali.it
Sat Sep 2 14:33:27 BST 2006

Hi all,
 it would be good to have dapper R backported to breezy, as there
are more than 50 cran packages that require >= 2.2.0

see: http://www.imsv.unibe.ch/cran/src/contrib/PACKAGES

I checked a bit the different dependencies, basically r-base
depends on r-base-core, and all dependencies of the latter

http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/math/r-base-core

are satisfied in breezy already, except libreadline5 >= 5.1
in breezy there is 5.0-10.

to backport libreadline
http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/libs/libreadline5
 one needs to backport readline-common..

I only checked dependencies with explicit constraints (>= vers)
and did not check other (r-cran*) packages
but it seems doable..

thanks a lot!