[Bug 60538] Re: Glade is out of date on Ubuntu Dapper - please update to 3.0.2
mantas at akl.lt
Sat Oct 14 01:36:00 BST 2006
** Summary changed:
- Glade is out of date on Ubuntu Edgy - please update to 3.0.1
+ Glade is out of date on Ubuntu Dapper - please update to 3.0.2
** Description changed:
- Glade is out of date on Ubuntu Edgy - Glade 3.0.1 was released about a
+ Glade is out of date on Ubuntu Dapper - Glade 3.0 was released several
month ago !
Get it at http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/glade3/3.0/
3.0.1 is a follow up bugfix release to 3.0 and includes alot of misc
New features and fixes:
* Pasting a widget does not paste the packing options (bug 345604) (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
* Now you can paste widgets to your hearts content (bug 345603)
* Fixed expander widgets (they were missing placeholders).
* Adjustments are saved without floating point precision in the glade file (reports of glade-- code generator disliking the decimal points).
* Fixed an embarrassing segfault when removing items using the menu/toolbar editor (Juan Pablo)
* Interface signals are now properly introspected + alphabetically sorted (Juan Pablo)
* Removed some properties on children internal to composite widgets, properties that we're controlled by style properties on the GtkDialog widget (bug 352018).
* Enhancements to the "Projects" menu + minor UI enhancements (Vincent Geddes)
* Palette items can be locked down with CNTL-click matching glade-2 behaviour (bug 303679)
Aug 11 2006 Glade 3.0 released !
NOTE - Glade 3.0 Requires GTK+ 2.8 and libxml2, Glade 3.0 will expose
properties, signals and widgets from GTK+ 2.8, remember that you need an
up to date version of GTK+ to support those widgets.
Here is an overview of the changes made since the last development
* DevHelp integration for a contextual help system
* GnomeUI and GnomeCanvas plugin (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
* New "Editor skeleton" provided by the core to ease the plugin's creation of custom editors for toolbars and menus and such. (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
* Toolbar and popup menu support (Juan Pablo Ugarte)
* Added accelerators property dialog
* Drag/Resize support extended to GtkTable and GtkBox subclasses (and GnomeCanvas) from only GtkFixed and GtkLayout.
* Reverted "View" menu to match the Glade 2 style (Yevgen Muntyan)
* Now glade has 2 icon sets (16x16 & 22x22), all icons available (Vincent Geddes)
* New awesome palette (Vincent Geddes)
* Cute cursor when adding widgets (Vincent Geddes)
* General UI enhancements and desktop integration work (Vincent Geddes)
* Duplicated widgets id's are unique (Yevgen Muntyan)
* Spelling mistake fixes from Thierry Moisan and Clytie Siddall
* Many Many Many misc fixes by Juan Pablo Ugarte, Vincent Geddes, Yevgen Muntyan and myself.
* Much core/gtk+ backend refactoring done by Juan Pablo and myself.
** Also affects: dapper-backports (upstream)
Glade is out of date on Ubuntu Dapper - please update to 3.0.2
More information about the ubuntu-backports