Backports resurrected

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 24 11:00:21 BST 2006

After a long hiatus since the switch of the archive infrastructure to
Soyuz, and with the help of Mark Shuttleworth and Scott James Remnant
with Launchpad internals and Adam Conrad with the build daemons, I've
ported the backport script to run on Soyuz. This means that we'll be
able to process the backlog of backport requests and make
dapper-backports useful. Please continue to subscribe the ubuntu-archive
team to bugs requesting backports that have been approved by the
backports team.

Thanks for your patience in this, and I apologise on behalf of the
archive administration team for the delay.

Cheers,