USN-186-1 (mozilla, mozilla-firefox) updates broken on Hoary

Martin Meredith mez at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 14 14:57:36 CDT 2005

Can I make a point... I don't think official backports people should be
pushed over to someone else... but I do agree that unofficial should be
closed... the stuff that cant be soerted for official can go in extras...

John, if I remember correctly, you told me that once official was
released, that the old repos would be made so that they were 403'd ...
but that never seemed to happen.

John, you are still in charge of the old repos, and I URGE you to close
them, but, I cannot do that, as you know.

I'm sorry for not being around, but I totall agree about closing the old
repos, they cause too many problems.

If the decision is made for the official backports people to step back,
I'll step back gracefully, but I don't think anything should be taken
out on me for something I have no control over except the ability to try
and persuade.

Regards,
Martin Meredith