Rhythmbox 0.9.2

John Dong jdong at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 29 13:20:35 GMT 2005

On 11/29/05, Marc Wiriadisastra <strikeforce at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Hey Backports team.
>
> A request for this has been made on the forums.
>
> This is my reply.
>

> Quote:
> checking for IPOD... configure: error: iPod explicitly requested but
> libgpod couldn't be found
> make: *** [config.status] Error 1
> Build FAILED... 512
> Do you want to rebuild w/o dep checks, or get a shell? [Y/s/n] ?s
> marc at ubuntu:~/ubp-compile-temp/rhythmbox-0.9.2$ apt-cache search libgpod
> marc at ubuntu:~/ubp-compile-temp/rhythmbox-0.9.2$
>

> I can't find libgpod I'm assuming that because its not in breezy it
> might be able to get done however thats up to jdong

Ok, I'm fine with backporting new libraries to Breezy if they didn't exist
in the first place, which seems to be the case.

However, a dependency needs to be placed on libgpod-dev by the Dapper
Rhythmbox package. If someone is reading this e-mail and could do so, thanks
in advance... Otherwise I'll get on it eventually :)

> I had to build libgpod which isn't in breezy so its up to you guys if
> you want to backport that as well.

Once the above is finished, I have no issues with a  newer Rhythmbox
backport :)