John Dong jdong at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 12 16:02:05 CST 2005

On 11/12/05, Shot - Piotr Szotkowski <shot at shot.pl> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> John Dong:
>
> > Unison from Dapper approved for backporting to Breezy.
>
> Great!
>
> How long does it take between when a package is
> approved and when it actually makes it into backports?

Well, usually within 24 hours, but right now, James and the gang are up in
UBZ, so they're probably way too busy to tend to Backports. Right now, I do
not know when the 30 or so backports I've queued up to him will get built.

> Can backport requests go to this list, or are forums the only approved
> interface (I can't bring myself to use forums on a regular basis...)?

Sure, you can file them right here.

FWIW, here is a list of packages from Dapper and Debian I use:

> dosage 1.5.5-1.0~0shot1 (from Debian sid, lessened build-deps)
> gtodo 0.14+cvs20050820-1 (Dapper's .deb)
> mc 4.6.1-1ubuntu2 (Dapper's .deb)
> phppgadmin 3.5.6-1 (Dapper's .deb; Breezy's has stupid dependencies)
> wesnoth 1.0.1-1 (Dapper's .deb)
> xmoto 0.1.8-2~0shot1 (required a rebuild against Breezy's gcc)

I'll take a look at that list for what's suitable.