John Dong jdong at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 6 15:19:40 CST 2005

Most of our Backports work is automated at the server end (as far as
compiling and providing the end product is concerned), so left at our ends
is the huge task of quality assurance. The best way YOU can help us is by:

(1) Testing a compile for packages people request (make sure they build on
PPC)
(2) Making sure the package functions correctly -- install it and try most
functions. Often times a backport will compile just fine, but is unstable
during usage.
(3) Help users out on the mailing list and the forums. We get swamped. Sift
through "backport requests" for things that we can and cannot do.

Thanks