Testing Backports

John Dong john.dong at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 06:32:32 CDT 2005

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. Sometimes, certain areas of breakage are
difficult to test by us, mainly because we don't use the program. If
someone, for example, asks me for a Blender backport, I can build and run
it, but that's about as far as I know how to use blender! If a certain
aspect of animation causes a segfault, damned if I knew!

So, we (backports team) need to think of a good way to get a beta testing
group together. Perhaps this would mean a "hoary-backports-staging" branch
would still have to be hosted at the current UbuntuForums-provided Backports
server (along with hoary-extras)