Amarok - latest dapper backport

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 20:33:22 GMT 2005

On 12/30/05, Martin Meredith <mez at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Had a request from siretart to backport the latest version of amarok
> from dapper to breezy.
Well, it wasn't really a "request" as usual. I backported the package
for myself. I had to change some build dependencies though.
Nevertheless, the resulted package is working for me, so I asked
Riddel what about the strict dependencies, they were to ensure that
the package gets build against only already transitioned kde
libraries. So I think they should be fine.

I hope there will be no upgrade issues from breezy-backports to
dapper, so please keep an eye on this upgrade path.

> Would anyone be willing to test them - I've built debs (though no
> special version numbers - so make sure you remove them after testing or
> you may break if you upgrade to dapper)
>
> http://tiber.tauware.de/~mez/amarok/

Please be careful when updating from these unofficial packages, as usual.

--
regards,
    Reinhard