firefox 1.5

Scott angrykeyboarder at angrykeyboarder.com
Sat Dec 3 20:32:27 GMT 2005

Shot - Piotr Szotkowski wrote:
> Hello.
>
> ulrich steffens:
>
>> i'm not that much of a 'break my ubuntu' guy, so maybe
>> I'll just stick with a vmware-ubuntu and experiment a bit.
>
> You can always fetch the official Mozilla binary and install that in
> /opt, /home/ulrich/bin or whereever you please. IMHO it's much saner
> than using Firefox through VMware. :o)

That's what I plan on doing when I get my Linux box back up and running.
Screw Ubuntu (hey I rhymed! ;-) )! I'm not waiting 5 months for you to
get your act together.

Besides if I install it as a local user I'll be able to the new built-in
patching/updating system.

On a somewhat related note: I wonder who the heck is "supposed" to use
that anyway? Linux, Windows & Mac all don't let an ordinary user update
software anyway.

But I digress...

--
Scott