svk backport

John Dong john.dong at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 07:20:16 CDT 2005

Dude, let's think for a bit: svk 0.29.... svk 1.00-1.... Which one is much
less functional? ;) No matter what kind of problems removing two of 9985
Unit Checks causes, it's still DRAMATICALLY better than what Hoary had to
offer.

Furthermore, "problems" would be limited to svk only, and svk users in their
right minds wouldn't be using 0.29, either!

Now, if you backport perl modules like SVN::Mirror, you can cause A LOT of
problems with compatiblity with other packages -- which is the one thing
Backports tries to avoid.

It's a much better idea to modify svk to build.