svk backport

John Dong john.dong at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:01:08 CDT 2005

I've been using svk for a couple weeks now, and I find Hoary's version very
inadequate. So, I backported 1.00-1 from Breezy. It's working very well, and
in the unofficial Backports tree.

I'd like to see this in the official Backports tree, too. However, there's a
few build issues:

1) The specific versions of perl modules that it depends on cannot be
satisfied in Hoary. I removed the version checks.

2) About 5 unit tests fail, which forces the build to fail. Investigating on
these failures, they're for new features that want those newer perl modules.
However, these features aren't in SVK 0.29 anyway, so it's still a HUGE
improvement from Hoary!

So, control needs to be edited, and rules needs to be edited to remove "make
test" (disable unit testing). I've used backported svk quite a bit, with no
problems at all.