Serial terminal to read GPS data for Linux

Geoffrey Combes gcombes4 at bigpond.com
Sun Oct 29 02:49:28 UTC 2017

I have purchased a GPS module which I can link to my PC (Ubuntu) using a
TTL to GPS converter (which I have). I need a serial terminal for Ubuntu
that can read GPS data including any necessary details on configuration
method if required. I am working on several GPS projects and wish to
confirm that data is being received by reading directly from the GPS module.

Ubuntu Software does not have one as far as I can tell. Some are
mentioned on the Internet (Python type). And I know of one that is used
with MS Windows that I could use as my laptop has Windows 10. However I
wondered if anyone from the Ubuntu AU community know of such a serial
terminal for Linux and perhaps have used it to read GPS data.

Geoffrey  Combes