Call for help - Ubuntu IRC

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 08:05:08 UTC 2014

On 5 December 2014 at 17:02, Ali Linx <ali.linux at amjjawad.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-irc/2014-November/001768.html
>
> I have been waiting for 3-4 days just to get my Ubuntu Clock. I did login
> (I'm now) to the #ubuntu-irc channel at different timing trying to find
> someone who could give me the clock but no progress yet.
>
> I had a chat with some people on the channel who pointed out this link:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-irc/2014-November/001768.html
>
> So, is there anyone here in our time zone who could possibly help?!
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Ali/amjjawad
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad

Good evening Ali,

Unfortunately only IRC Council Members can authorise the cloak (not sure
why, I'm sure there is a reason) as per the wiki page [1]. Your best bet is
to just make your request in -irc as you have and lurk in there until
someone comes along. If you're still struggling emailing the IRC Council is
probably best, their contact information is on their Launchpad page [2].

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/Cloaks
[2] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-irc-council

Regards,

Jared Norris