Photo application for Ubuntu

Geoffrey Combes gcombes4 at bigpond.com
Thu Dec 4 09:19:51 UTC 2014

Thank you Samps, Paul and Jared. I have loaded the GIMP plug-in
suggested by Samps. It all worked and I immediately used it too reduce a
block of photos for a club newsletter that I edit. As this newsletter is
primarily distributed as a PDF file sent by email (and read on a
monitor) the PDF file size must be kept down. Hence the need to reduce a
1Mb camera photo to, say 100kb. The facility to modify the image file
name as well was useful.
I have noted Phatch too for future reference.
Geoffrey Combes