12.10 - any bootloader problem?

David agora at justemail.net
Thu Jan 10 03:24:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am interested in installing 12.10 [rather than 12.04] on one drive of
a computer in which a second drive has Windows (for the rare occasions
when I use Windows) on it.

I am a bit apprehensive after reading this review:
http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/11/review-ubuntu-12-10-quantal-quetzal-a-mix-of-promise-pain/
which says that there is a problem in installation of the bootloader
(see section "Installer crazy") which requires a work-around.

Have any of you had this difficulty in installation of 12.10 ?

The copy I have is on a Linux magazine's DVD, called 'Ubuntu 12.10 beta
2'.

Thanks

Dave