KVM switches.

Peter Goggin petergoggin at bigpond.com
Mon Nov 26 14:20:34 UTC 2012

I use a KVM swith to control 1 wins#dows and 2 linux boxes. The KVM I
was using uses ps2 mouse and keyboard.   The linux boxes worked
perfectly, although the winows box  has only one ps2 port and so I
needed a separate usb mouse. Unfortunately my ps2 keyboar5d dies and so
I have been trying to use a usb kvm.  This works perfectly with the
windows box but for some reason the linusx box does not recognise the
monitor using the usb kvm.  Is there any way to set the linux box
permanently default to my monitor which is a Dell LCD with a resolution
of 1920 x 1080?

Regards

Peter Goggin