Banshee, Rhythmbox, or...

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 02:58:36 UTC 2012

On 25 March 2012 12:29, Stephen Rees-Carter <stephen at rees-carter.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> With the impending switch back to Rhythmbox in 12.04, I was wondering
> which media player everyone here prefers, and why?
>
> I find Banshee slow and clunky, but I really like the automatic media
> organiser and the 'score' sorting.
> So I'm in two minds about switching back to Rhythmbox, since it has
> neither of those features.
> But I would prefer a simpler and faster media player, and I like to
> use the default applications.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> ~Stephen
>
> --
> Stephen Rees-Carter ~ Valorin
> http://stephen.rees-carter.net/

I've used exaile for years. I don't do lots of media listening though
but for what I need (flac and oggs) it's been great. It has a few
useful plugins that you can pick and choose from. I watch even less
video but always found vlc the most stable.

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris