virus phone call scam: question/wacky replies

Chris Jones chrisjones at spin.net.au
Thu Jun 21 06:04:42 UTC 2012

Yeah these sort of phone calls can be a worry for elderly people. My
Mother keeps getting them and depsite how many many times I've told her
just to hang up the phone, she seems to think it's actually Microsoft
calling them.

But yeah, demand to talk to their supervisor, ask them what country
they're calling from and what address is the office they're calling from
because you charge $9.95 per minute of your time to talk to them and
you'll have send them the invoice. It quickly stops them talking.

Regards

		Chris Jones @ kernel.devproject at gmail.com

OpenSUSE Linux x86_64 (PC)|Android (Smartphone)|Windows 7 (Laptop)|Windows XP (Gaming)
Kernel developer|Lead Developer of SDL|Lead Developer of Nest Linux|Gamer and Emulator nut|Web Services|Digital Imaging Services
Controllers: Rapier V2 Gaming mouse|Logitech Precision|PS3 controller|XB360 controller|Logitech Attack 3 j/stick
Emulators: Fusion|Gens|ZSNES|Project64|PCSX-R|Stella|WinVICE|WinUAE