Brisbane Install Fest

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:46:59 UTC 2012

On 4 January 2012 23:04, Jared Norris <jrnorris at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 January 2012 22:32,  <boden.matthews at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have you tried just /www/var? It might be searching for the files in there
>> but can't find any.
>>

>> -- Sent from my HP TouchPad. Please excuse any brevity or typos.
>
> Actually it could ping archive.ubuntu.com but not
> http://archive.ubuntu.com so I'm thinking there's something else wrong
> here.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

I think it's finally working. I was having issues mounting the right
file in the right location for apt-get to pick up that it was where it
needed to be. Finally I think:

 ln -s /path/to/USB/ubuntu/archive /var/www/ubuntu

Is how it works ok. I'll double check tomorrow after sleep. If it
works perfectly then I'll document this all so it's easy to replicate
in future.