Brisbane Install Fest

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 09:07:21 UTC 2012

So on another note, we're starting to get most things covered for this
event. As far as I can see there are only a couple of requirements
still to be fulfilled and we're set.

I'm going to bring enough hardware for the actual network
infrastructure (switch, server, wireless access point) but I don't
have heaps of spare network cables. I have the ability to make some as
I have a box of cat6 but I thought instead of spending an evening
making up cables for a one off project that I'll never really have a
use for again is there anyone coming along willing to provide 20 or so
varying length network cables? They will be returned at the end of the
day and I can even organise to pick them up and drop them off if you
aren't able to attend the actual event.

If anyone has access to USB 3g modems that they don't mind some data
use on for the day that would also be useful. I have a telstra home
network gateway I can use but it doesn't have a high data cap and I
think if we start having a bunch of people use it it will get very
slow very quickly.

Light refreshments have been provided for by LibertySys (thanks Paul!)
but if someone wants to get a bit excited and make some specifically
Ubuntu themed cakes or biscuits go nuts.

The Canonical conference pack and table cloths and banners have
arrived so we'll be well adorned on the day combined with previous
posters make up for last year's LCA.

Anyone else have any thoughts about stuff we haven't thought of?

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris