Thumbnail generator program

Geoffrey gcombes4 at bigpond.com
Sat Feb 25 01:55:14 UTC 2012

Dave and David - thank you. I installed Drupal via Synaptic Package
Manager but nothing showed up. From the file system it opened Bluefish
Editor which I have used to compose my website. Then I noticed that
Bluefish had provision on the standard toolbar for generating markup for
installing an image, a thumbnail and multiple thumbnails. However the
markup is html not css which I have used for presenting images. The html
produced for multiple thumbnails creates a grid of images with the
ability to control the spacing, just as I want. Clicking on a thumbnail
retrieves the original image in a larger view too, something I also
want. However, as I have found with the css markup for an image grid, as
soon as I add a title below the image the image grid is upset (overlaps,
up and down displacements, for e.g.).
Drupal (and the others mentioned) are large programs with many uses.
They seem to be a large hammer to crack a small nut.
NB. Drupal produced a Fatal Error message when I attempted to log in to
Ubuntu-AU! I have since removed Drupal. The message persisted for a
while but has now disappeared after a few start-ups.

Scott - thank you. Your reference looks interesting. The css markup is
significantly different to what I now have. It would need to be
integrated properly in my style.css file. I will experiment with a test
file.

I managed to produce a website that works otherwise from scratch despite
my lack of experience, so I expect to solve this problem with help. I
thank you all again.
Geoffrey