loco.ubuntu.com IRC Channel

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 08:26:35 UTC 2012

Good afternoon,

Following a discussion on the -locoteams IRC channel this afternoon
regarding loco.ubuntu.com and how ical feeds appear to be causing
problems I've made a change to our team's IRC venue. We use the IRC
channel as our main location for all online events and the location
details are stored at
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/venues/Australia/380/detail/

The conversation leads be to believe that by setting a time zone for
the "venue" of the IRC channel that it might actually force the ical
feeds to work better. Unfortunately this means I've had to specify one
single time zone for the venue despite it covering a multitude of time
zones throughout the year. Please be aware I've made it UTC+10 for now
as this is the most common time zone in use when taking into
consideration all Australia and all year. If it doesn't improve the
ical feed we can always change it back. Please let me know if there is
any feedback positive or negative regarding this issue that's been
bugging many of the team for a fair while now.

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris