Launcher 'dodge' taken out of Precise

Stephen Rees-Carter stephen at rees-carter.net
Sat Feb 11 02:06:08 UTC 2012

I just read this in the email you linked to:

-----
> P.S. For those with a technical bent, CCSM can be used to restore the old 'dodge windows' behaviour for now.

That codepath will disappear, we'd prefer to keep the code lean. In
this case we've experimented, learned, and concluded a better approach
is available, there's no argument for maintaining code we don't expose
to users further.
-----

ARGH! This is very annoying. So much for the "Unity will be fully
customizable...". I bet there are developers who want this
functionality who would be happy to maintain it... *sighs*

~Stephen