Brisbane release party - Oneiric Ocelot

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 23:03:11 UTC 2011

On 7 September 2011 08:38, Paul Gear <paul at libertysys.com.au> wrote:
> On 07/09/11 07:07, Jared Norris wrote:
>> We didn't even go close from memory so I'm quite open to going back to
>> licensed venues if it will improve attendance. I was basically
>> thinking anywhere like a pub, cafe, library or even holding a geeknic.
>>
>> Another thing to think about is would we be better off holding
>> separate installfests and release parties or trying to combine the
>> two? The installfest being more technical and the release party being
>> social, just trying to think of ways to get as many people
>> interested/involved as possible
>
> We might be able to get the best of both worlds if we meet at The Edge
> at the State Library.  I haven't been there yet, but apparently it's
> pretty ideal for this sort of stuff.  They might even let us put up a
> sign to say who we are.

Sounds like a pretty good idea Paul, we could also move onto the
Plough Inn at Southbank afterwards if people wanted the purely social
aspect as well. If you're happy to ask them about it I'd love to hear
how it goes. If you're busy I don't mind asking them but don't want to
steal your idea is all.

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)