VOIP meettings

Joel Pickett jlkpcktt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 23:25:56 UTC 2011

Hi Tom,

1. I'm not sure what other services are available out there, but I'm sure
that Google Hangouts would be ideal for small social/planning event.
Whether it's audio or video, I don't really see the need for ~20 to be
active at once - depends what the purpose of the event is...?

2. By its nature, you need some level of bandwidth to participate in
audio/video discussions. There's IRC, forums, mailing list - this is just
another method to communicate. I don't think we can make it any more
accessible than what the user's connection is set at.

3. I'm suggesting a g+ hangout for those interested... open to suggestions
though

Joel P