Brisbane Installation Festival

Jessica Bogaart jbogaart at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 00:46:50 UTC 2011

Hi guys

I think the library option is probably a good way to go - much more
economical, though they shouldn't charge us anything as it's a community
event and we're not charging anyone anything.

I called the Brisbane Square library a few days after the release party and
asked them about it - they couldn't confirm available dates in January
then, but I'm sure that they could now. My vote is holding it at Brisbane
Square, if we can't secure funding for The Edge - it's central and close to
public transport (but might not be so convenient for those with cars...
though it is a nice walk over Victoria Bridge!).

Anyway, I'm happy to chip in with organisation, promotion and cup cakes,
and Vadim will be there to help with the technical stuff on the day.

We should probably lock something in sooner rather than later, though. I
had the impression that these things fill up quickly, particularly in the
school holidays. A lot of workplaces are closed for the first week of
January (including mine) so holding it on a weekday wouldn't be a problem
for us. Weekends might draw more people, though.

Jessica