eReaders hardware / paper waste reduction

David Fawcett omniwoof at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 07:26:57 UTC 2011

On 8 November 2011 18:20, Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> >________________________________

Sure there is no reason why you couldn't host the webpage on your internal
network only. Create a website, run Apache on a local machine with a static
IP and you are pretty much done..

> >And no, an e-reader (like a kindle or something like that) is most
> certainly not what you'd want. You'd want either a regular computer to
> access the webpage which your food bank may already have or a tablet PC and
> a wireless connection to the internet.
> >
> there is no ordering via phone/internet allowed

Without further information that seems like a strange restriction.

> these device are going to be give to the customer while they walk around
> the tables and make the order

Yup and you can keep it all on your internal network if you like - the
wireless router doesn't need to be connected to the internet.