Unity

Chris Robinson fabricator4 at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 03:01:47 UTC 2011

Consider Lubuntu, Ubuntu with Lxde.  It does not have official status yet, but
Mark Shuttleworth seems to have given it a tentative nod.  It's the lightest
'buntu release by far.

I haven't done it yet, but I suggested to someone doing an install onto a 128Mb
machine that the graphical installer may work if you make the swap partition
with Gparted first (using the Gparted LiveCD).  They said it did work and
installed OK, but was slow, as you'd expect.  Running speed after install was of
course much better.  (I don't believe that there's an alternate install for
Lubuntu yet)

Lubuntu might also be useful to anyone wanting a minimal install that they can
add Gnome2 or any other X environment to, but works out of the box with Lxde in
any case.

Chris