donated cds

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 08:29:52 UTC 2011

On 12 March 2011 10:17, Robyn Cummings <k0zm0f at bordernet.com.au> wrote:
> To the Paul and the Team,
>
> An update on the 10 CDs, stickers and cards I received post Brisbane
> conf.
>
> On Thursday, March 10th, at Buchan Resource Centre, Vic. we held an
> information session on Open Source and Linux.
>
> Nine interested participants attended and learnt surprisingly, that
> there was an alternative to windoze! Seven CDs were taken away from the
> session.
>
> The turnout was exceptional for a small rural community of  approx. 200
> people.
>
> Thanks again for the items posted, Paul!
>
> Robyn

Robyn,

AWESOME, Great to see!

If you get a chance would you mind doing a quick write up for the
website? If you're not sure what to do for the website firstly make
sure you have an account on the site (quick and easy to set up from
the front page http://www.ubuntu.com.au) and then you can go directly
to this link http://ubuntu.org.au/node/add/story which be a page for
you to fill in about your day. If you don't have time would you mind
if I sent you a private email to get some details for us to write it
up for you?

This is exactly the sort of thing that will get us going as a team
again. We need to be doing as much as this sort of thing as we can. I
hope this inspires more people to do the same. If anyone needs any
support or help with this sort of thing just let us know, we're here
to help each. Well done!

Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris