Ubuntu-AU going for Approval

Chris Robinson fabricator4 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 22:00:18 UTC 2011

From: Jared Norris <jrnorris at gmail.com>

To: ubuntu-au at lists.ubuntu.com
Sent: Sun, 12 June, 2011 11:32:57 PM
Subject: Ubuntu-AU going for Approval

Hi Jared, just a couple of glaring inaccuracies I found from looking at the
Aproval2011 page:

*** Following the link for "Relevant Resources: Local CD Distribution" to
ubuntu.net.au, that page still talks about the now defunct shipit service as an
alternative.

While I'm on the subject, I was one of the people who took advantage of Peter's
CD service as I have limited bandwidth, and at the time I was having trouble
staying below this.  The CD was posted almost immediately and turned up in a
very timely manner.  The CD was also packaged appropriately (plastic case) and
worked perfectly.  This service was very much appreciated, especially since the
$3 charged barely seems enough to cover materials, postage, and wear & tear on
equipment.

*** Under "Planned activities" it lists "Software Freedom Day 2010".  I can only
assume that this is a typo.  This section also needs more substance - specific
dates and more detail.  I'm sure there are also activities already being
undertaken that could be added.  Would it be appropriate to add in things like
IRC meetings etc.  While I understand the problems of planning months in
advance, it would show commitment.

Chris