Ubuntu-AU Social Media

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 13:25:15 UTC 2011

Good evening all,

As discussed tonight at the meeting we're moving ahead with the social media
for Ubuntu-AU. It has been requested so that it is easier to keep up to date
with the team happenings than email alone. The results of mailing list and
the meeting discussion are as follows:

Facebook - stick to the group setting and we have Joel Addison volunteering
to work out how to input an Ical feed into the group page as events. And as
such I have added Joel to administer the facebook account to facilitate this
for us as automating it is vital to maintaining the same information across
multiple sources with minimal input.

Twitter - we have set up an account https://twitter.com/#!/UbuntuAU

Identica - I realise we already have a group for this but from discussions
we've decided it would be better to set up an individual account as this
will allow posting from the account to all followers which apparently isn't
possible from a group. It will also tie in nicely with the twitter account
and as such is available at http://identi.ca/ubuntuau I have had this
account join the group that already existed to see if this reduces confusion
and it has integrated to the twitter api.

The idea of these groups is not to continually spam members but to provide
relevant loco information. For example reminders about upcoming events,
meetings and anything specifically loco related. If you have information
that you think should be sent out over these channels please feel free to
contact me via email or on IRC.

As always if anyone has any suggestions for improvement please let us know.

Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris